Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sharing Photos


My recent foray into digitizing my photos has led to yet another happy occurrence.

I went out last night with an old friend from college for a few drinks. We had a really great time catching up (she lives here in Austin, but we don't see each other nearly enough) and I was telling her about my recent obsession with digitizing my photos. I even told her about a few pictures I had found from back in the day when we hung out at a certain ZBT house too much.

So today I went through the photos and uploaded the offending proof into a Picasa Web Album and sent her an invitation to view it. These photos are mostly out of focus and document past boyfriends (and in one case, an ex-husband), but it was fun to pass them on to her.

I also went through and found almost 100 pictures of some friends and their kids I have assembled over the years. These friends have been at more birthday parties than not in the "history as recounted by kid birthdays" and it was fun to see their kids as well as my own grow. There were too many to upload to Picasa Web Albums, so this time I have burned them to a CD and I'll give it to her the next time I see her.

Sharing these photos was not even a tangential goal when I started this project, but it's a great side-effect!

2 comments:

bebelala said...

OH MA GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE that photo!!! Post more! Post more!! (do you have a big bow on your back??)

Suzy Bates said...

Shut up! I made that dress myself!
The best part about that picture is the back story... perhaps I will write about it... it's relatively embarrassing and funny....