Wednesday, April 23, 2008

One more reason to love the internet

I just got the kids school pictures back and they are.. eh. J's smile is exactly the kind of smile I get from him when I take pictures myself, so at least he is consistent. P is cute, but I give him one more year and he'll be smirking too.

Rather than buy the "$10 a sheet" racket that the photographers offer, this time I went with the CD only. It was a bit pricey, $30 for P's and $25 for J's, but I think this is going to work out in the end. They included a letter giving me the right to reproduce and now I have loaded it up with all the other photos from this year in Picasa. It will probably make an appearance in the "A Year of Bates" that I am making.

Now comes the part where I love the internet. J and P's grandparents live in 3 different places (or 2 and one unknown place as my parents aren't ever in one place for long. They are kind of like Schroedinger's Cat. If I am sure they are in a single place, they are sure to be going someplace else, if I think they are moving, they are certainly in a local I didn't expect) and all have differing levels of display in their houses of the "grandparent wall of fame".

Rather than guess what they'd like, or decide who is the lucky one to get the 8 x 10 rather than the 5 x 7, this year I have sent them an email saying "what size would you like?". Ryan's Dad and Stepmom wanted 8 x 10's. So I went to Picasa, choose to have them printed at Walgreens (there is one near them, they were even kind enough to provide the address), and Walgreens even let me pay for them online!

So for $5 I printed 2 glossy 8 x 10's of my kids, I didn't have to mail them, and they can pick them up tomorrow! Awesome!

No comments: