Monday, April 21, 2008

Great visit to Denver

P and I had a wonderful visit to Denver to see many of our friends there. We had a whirlwind visit planned to see some of my friends at Cricket, P's friends at Primrose, our great friends and godmother Diane and one of P's very special friends G.

The trip was a success. P was an angel for the majority of the time. He didn't agree with me that I got to see my friends too, he didn't want to wait until after lunch with my Cricket friends to go to Primrose or until the end of the day Saturday to see his best friend G, but we worked it out.

It is apparent that he has his mother's ability to remember places and locations, but not names. I spent the whole weekend trying to remember the names of the places we went to and the street names, but had no problem navigating the back ways to get there (even went to my friend Rebecca's house with no address only by memory). When I was back in my old work place I was grasping for names (mostly of people I only tangentially worked with). P apparently has the same gifts. At Cricket he ran straight to my old cube and said "this is where you work!", but when we went to his old daycare he couldn't remember the names of the other kids (except for G, of course).

It was wonderful to see everyone and particularly nice to have such a great reaction from people at Cricket. Some even asked if I was moving back to Denver and would I please come back to work there? Can I bottle that feeling and sprinkle it on people I am interviewing with here in Austin?

It was also wonderful to see the mountains and feel the very bright sunshine and dry air. Then people started to tell me how it had snowed just a few days before... which I don't miss so much.

No comments: