Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Day 4

Day 4 was quite fun. We got up and Grandma Loretta took the kids to the grocery store while I packed up the car. Around 10:30 we headed out to Sandia Peak to take the tramway to the top to look out over Albuquerque. The kids were skeptical until we got there and then they were jumping up and down in anticipation.

The ride up was fun and once we got to the top we had a picnic lunch and walked around a bit. Took lots of photos (have to wait for that faster connection.. sorry!). It was a great time!

We went back down and then headed back to Jim and Loretta's house to finish packing and head out to Farmington. We got going around 1ish and hit the road. One little sad moment... I stopped at the Starbucks to get a coffee for the road and realized it was the one we stopped at right after we found out about Josh 2 years ago.

Along the way we took a detour to Chaco Canyon to check out the ruins. It was really wonderful to see and exciting to drive on a dirt road. The ruins are so beautiful, even the kids were impressed. The most memorable part was when we were peeking in an covered room and I looked down and saw only dirt. Pete looked in and said he saw a bug. Joe looked in and saw a snake. I didn't believe Joe, so I looked in again and was quite surprised to see a large (3-4 ft) snake crawling across the floor. Like the girl I am and don't admit to, I screeched and ran in the other direction. Later when I was telling Ryan about it he asked "what did it look like, did it have a diamond patterns, blah, blah". I told him it was a large snake and I didn't wait to find out what kind.

We made it to Grandma Pam's around 7pm. It was really nice to see her again and she seems quite happy to see us.

No comments: