Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Honey

Today it's been 9 years since our fun party with all our friends where we got hitched.

As is standard for a 9th anniversary (officially the "pottery" anniversary, unofficially the "practical" anniversary), we have given each other a new computer. An iMac! Which we promptly reformatted half the drive to be a Windows machine, so now we have TWO new computers! woo hoo!

I have gotten a number of very nice emails this morning wishing us a wonderful day. Most of them hope we get to go out on a date (which we are tomorrow night AND Saturday night!). Tonight we are going to a Cub Scout meeting and watching the debate with our neighbors. Again, the "practical" anniversary.

Finally, I wanted to share an e-card which my parents sent to us. It's my favorite. Mom didn't intend for it to be hilarious, but the banner ad really makes me enjoy the card all the more.

Happy "first cold front of the year, that's why we picked this weekend" Anniversary! Check those genital warts!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Yay -- Happy Anniversary to both of you!

(Just regretting we lost touch with Ryan in the years proceeding this party, since we know you guys through a great party...)

Unknown said...

I assure you, I didn't know there would be "advertising" sent along with my sentiment.
I must admit though, it is hilarious. Do you think the ads are random, or targeted?
MOM

Suzy Bates said...

I am assuming they are random. Ryan got a totally different ad.