Thursday, October 9, 2008

Banner ads done all wrong...

I was innocently going to try and find out if Time Warner was going to show the Vanderbilt game this weekend because... eh... I probably won't watch, but it's nice to know it's there.

I wasn't able to find out on Time Warner's site, plus I was distracted by the war going on between my local NBC affiliate and Time Warner... must get back on task.....So I went to TV Guide to see if they could help... they are TV GUIDE afterall...

and this is what I saw...
If I had to guess... I'd say that TV Guide is owned by CBS and they REALLY REALLY want us to watch Eleventh Hour tonight...no, really, you should watch it... oh, and they haven't sold any banner ads in months because they have 6 (!) different kinds of banner ads for Eleventh Hour! it's tonight! So you'd better watch!

Back to work for 5 minutes...

1 comment:

Jannie Funster said...

I wonder if it may have to do with whoever has the most money to advertise? The ones with deep pockets can innundate with their ads maybe? 6 different ads, that's pretty insane.

The Eleventh Hour - I dont have tome to watch -- too busy surfing blogs!