Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Small World

I am always amazed at how small a world it is.

Austin is a really small world where you run into people from other areas of your life unexpectedly, but it really isn't that big to begin with. Especially when you hang out with similar people (IT or Lawyers). Similar experiences, similar interests.

Where I get amazed are the people I run into who have lived in far flung places just like me. At J's allergy appointment last week I was talking to the Dr about having grown up in different places and it turned out that she went to the same american elementary school in London I did. ACS Hillingdon. She also lived in Jakarta and went to the American school there while we were at the Singapore American School. Her dad worked for Conoco, so we ran in the same circles, but it's still a shock to run into these people.

No comments: