Friday, May 9, 2008

Will the other Suzy Bates, please stand up

It was bound to happen. For years I would talk to friends and they would say "I sent you an email!" and I would have nothing to show for it. Even my mom would send something to me and then I would find out later since I never received it.

Years ago when I choose my new gmail email address, I was forced to choose something other than the "suzybates" I really wanted. That name was already taken... so I went for suzywbates. As I started to hear that emails were being sent to "suzy without the w" I was hoping that that email address was a defunct address as I am sure a number of my important communiques where sitting there... I really needed that picture of the dog!

Well, the other Suzy has finally stood up. I am in the process of looking for a job and have been emailing with a recruiter to set up a phone interview for this afternoon. Apparently in the hand off from one to the other, my "w" got left behind and the Other Suzy started getting emails about moving my interview back an hour. Happily, this very nice lady (who apparently lives in Japan!) informed the recruiter of her mistake and then sent me an email informing me of the same. She also asked if my kid was in Chess Club, as she had been receiving emails from them too...

So, now I know. She's out there. Living in Japan. Reading my email. I am sure she's trilled to know that the end of year Chess Club party is on Friday!

1 comment:

Georgia said...

Thats so funny - I just googled to find the other Suzy Bates who is my friend and got your blog! The Japanese Suzy IS lovely