Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Geek Out!

I've had a little time on my hands lately, what with being out of work, so I have been trying to use my time wisely. Yesterday I decided a post-breakfast nap was in order, but most days I actually do something useful.

A few months ago my friend Ben posted a link to someone's brilliant idea on how to clean up your cluttered home office desk cheaply and easily using that pre-drilled wall board intended for garage/shop.

With this great idea in mind I went to the hardware store and purchased one 2 x 4 ft piece of pre-drilled wall board. Once I got home I layed out all of my equipment on it (on the floor) and started to zip tie it all in the most logical places. Modem, router, power source, and external hard drive, all previously taking up space on the desk, now have a home on the wall!

I did have to drill the wall board to the wall as the weight of all the gadgets were making it bend forward, but one seems to have done the trick.

Ryan asked if I wanted to move my Vanderbilt diploma which is now a bit hemmed in. I think it's a fitting place for it, given that this is the most MechE thing I have done in a while. (ok, it's really civil since it's not moving, or electrical since it's all computer stuff, but give me my moment, ok?)

2 comments:

mamacita said...

Wait a minute, Ben posted something useful on his blog? C'est n'est-ce pas possible!

bebelala said...

Wah! You are no longer at my house!