Monday, February 18, 2008

Rock-Paper-Scissors - Of course I was playing to win!

A few weeks ago we took the boys out for a particularly trying dinner. While they usually love Chuy's, this visit was painful for the crying and yelling about the sauce included, beans on the side, or some other culinary injustice. Our troubles with picky eaters are long running, but it was the whining which is our exhaustion-de-jour.

We had come directly from work that evening and had two cars to get home. The boys sprinted to the "Mommy" truck for the ride home. After they were safely in and buckled we closed the doors and commenced a spirited game of Rock-Paper-Scissors. After many matching rounds I was on the losing end. No discussion needed, I climbed in the truck.

As I was buckling myself in, J. says "So I guess you won Mommy!"

"Won at what, J?"

"Rock-Paper-Scissors, since you are driving us home!"

No comments: